Monday, June 14, 2010

June 13



Well here it goes...


Flight #1- Richmond to JFK. The flight was 30 minutes late, which made me a little nervous. But it worked out fine in the end. This was a pleasant flight. It was quick (45 minutes), they gave us coke and choclate chip cookies, and the man next to me was very thankful when he spilled his drink and I whipped out the stack of napkins my mother had stuffed in my purse. The only downfall was the toddler behind me who kicked my chair for a few minutes and threw a pretzel at me once. But that one negative aspect was overshadowed by the impressive list of television channels offered.


Honestly- It was great. The TV thing alone was so impressive I wanna always fly JetBlue. Just in shows I'D like to watch there was:
Bravo- The Housewives of New York
The History Channel- That contest with the old guns.
USA- NCIS. (This is what one the contest).
TBS- Family Guy.
Comedy Central- Something funny.



So I get to JFK and have to go to the JetBlue terminal and claim my bags. That took about twenty minutes, but I made a friend while I was waiting. I got my bags and had to proceed to REcheck them in...this time, with Delta. So I take my two, huge 47lb bags and go up the elevators, across the SkyWalk (which was one...mile...long. No joke, that's what they told us), and to the AirTran which was a big subway that connected JFK, Jersey, and Penn Station. I finally made that trek and found my way to the confusing map to lead me to another elevator. Made another friend there. Then my new friend and I walked around the outside of the airport (because the inside of this section closes at 8) and up the steepest, longest hill of my life. We finally REcheck the bags with Delta. Whew.


At this point I am sweating more than Katelyn Wright, and my back is killing me. I then find the proper gate for my next flight and meet John (from NY) and Jenny (from Mary Washington.) They love having their picture taken. The plane is scheduled to leave at 10:35pm. That gets pushed to 11:20pm. We board around 11, and sit there.. not moving...until about 12:25am. I watched "It's Complicated." It was pretty adorable, not gonna lie.



I fell in and out of sleep... had pasta some time in the middle of the night...and a muffin sometime in the morning. Listened to John Mayer music and watched another movie. Slept through it though. Kinda.


1 comment:

Kathryn said...

WOW! And you did all of this in your cowboy boots? i was listening in when you were on the phone with mom telling the adventures of your trip so far. I'm very impressed... seems like you were quite bold! I'm sorry about the little bag breaking (even though that's pretty hilarious) and i think it's hysterical Karen made you pack napkins in your purse! Wow mom...