Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June 30

Prepare to be blogged.

Today began with a usual morning at Common Ground. Catching up on whatever needs to be done. Siohban had a meeting for a while so I just got things in order for the morning. Shortly after, we had a staff meeting. (The first staff meeting I've been present at.) So Irma was taking minutes, and apparently the way things go in these meetings is we go around the circle and update the rest of the team as to what's going on with our various tasks. Siobhan and I tend to work on things together, and then Irma and Ger have other projects they kinda take the lead on, so we just make sure everyone is up to date on everything. Ger went first and talked about all she needed to share, then Siobhan goes "Ok Rachel, would you like to go next." I laugh now, but I kinda froze hahah. Something eventually came out of my mouth, I guess, cause the group gave me suggestions on how to run the database and what to plan for the class I begin teaching on my own next week. Haha, but I got a bad rush of the nerves today.


(Staff meeting. During the meeting, I quietly reached in my bag...before I even pulled out my camera, Ger says to the group, "Prepare to be blogged!")

(Lunchtime; and 2:07.)


(Irma gave me free copies of three of the Twilight books and two other Irish books of a similar genre... my roomates were very excited.)

After the meeting, I worked on the database for the rest of the day. This company has a list of contacts in about 12 different programs digitally... and they also still have their old roledex and old print outs, which seem to be the most accurate thus far... so Rachel's job is to make that all... work. Ha. It's interesting so far.

After work I headed home and Jenny, Julie, John, Kim, and a girl I just met today named.. Maddy?... were all here. Megan came in a few minutes later. It was Julie and Kim's night and they cooked breakfast for dinner. It was fabulous, they made sooo much food! They started us with toast, and made TONS of bacon, eggs, hash browns, and chocolate chip banana pancakes. Nice work ladies. Mandy and Maggie came over later tonight and had the plates we had left for them, while the rest of us found a passion in common we didn't know about... RENT. :) We ended up singing RENT songs for a while and then working on some planning for the future weekends we have in mind. That's about it for tonight.


(Being a super creeper and taking this guys picture in the bus mirror. I wanted to show Kim his Penn State sweatshirt.)

(Back at home.)

(I love bacon, I love you, I love bacon, I love you.)

(Cooking HUGE pancakes.)

(Delicious.)

(She makes this face alot.)

(Thanks Kim and Julie!)

(Doing the robot with John of course.)

(Got a little excited about singing RENT.)

4 comments:

Karen said...

So glad to hear that the dinner shows have not stopped even though you have crossed the pond! We miss them! MOM

Debbie said...

I think this is all just so cool. Every aspect from your work experiences and opportunities, to using your free time wisely, to navigating your way around town, and then you are also group cooking and just everything. Bravo!! We need more pictures of YOU, though!

Bob said...

Are they going to post a video of you on youtube in slow motion falling off that chair? Rach, I'm so glad to hear you're having a good time. Tell them to let you off from work early more often!!!

We Miss You!!

Dad

Kathryn said...

It looks like you're right at home...bursting out in song, dancing with random people, jumping on chairs and singing...same old Rachel!
(: