Wednesday, June 23, 2010

June 23

I’m gonna be Harry Potter’s enemy, cause who’s more bad ass than that?

I got to sleep a little longer today. I usually wake up at 6:45am, and today I slept till 8:30am. It was wonderful. I slept in because I had to go over to Temple Bar and pick up a disc from a video artist at 10. I picked it up, and jumped on the Luas and headed to work. Irma and Siobhan had a meeting from about half nine to half twelve, so until 12:30pm I was in the office alone. Opened alone for the first time.

I worked on calling the rest of the bookstores for a while, much more confidently each time. I also made about 12 other phone calls to confirm other stuff about the launch. I also sent out the press release and worked on our website a little bit. At some point, a random man came by and started telling me about how he owns the mechanic’s place behind our building and how part of the siding from our deck’s fence fell off and onto a Jeep. That was fun to deal with. At half one, another woman came over and they all had another meeting at our place. After the meeting, around 3, we had lunch and got some other busy work done. Siohban let me go about 4:30 since the launch is tomorrow and I’ll be working like 9am – 7:30 pm.


(Picking up the disc.)


(Luas stop.)


(Yeahhh... did this a little bit when I was there alone.)


(One of the meetings.)


After work, we met at the Boxty House in Temple Bar. They specialize in.. shocker… boxtys. Boxtys are a typical Irish dish which is a big potato pancake with stuff in it. Mine was chicken inside with a delicious bacon sauce on top. The sauce basically tasted like chicken corn chowder. It was great. We then walked to Trinity and bought the tickets for the tour we are taking on Saturday, in Wiclow. We came home after and I turned on my water and took a shower twenty minutes later.

Goodnight.


(Temple Bar.)



(The Boxty House.)



(Take one.)



(Take two.)

(Take three.)



(Wow.)


(Kim, Maggie, Emily.)



(Julie, myself, Mandy and an annoying glare.)

(My chicken boxty.)

(Gotchya, Favenport.)


(Julie plus distortion.)


(Waiting for the bus.)

(Bus rides.)


(MOM.)



(Weeee.)


3 comments:

Bob said...

I want to try a Boxty!! I hope you get a chance to do some of your high def panaramas soon. Keep havin fun!!

Dad

Debbie said...

I love reading your blog and am glad that even though you are so busy, you are still making time to include us in your experience!! We're visiting Ireland vicariously through YOU! I agree with all your Mom said - what a great experience and you are acclimating so well and quickly! Your new friends all seem so nice, too. I want a boxty like Bob! Get us the recipe if you can.

Lauren said...

That chicken boxty looked so good! Let me guess, timer picture of you in your chair?! :) typical :) But you know I would of been right there with you doing that! Love your blog, props to you for being able to keep up with it so well!