Wednesday, June 23, 2010

June 22

Kim, you look like a stallion in the wind.

Another day, another dollar. Except that I’m not getting paid. Just same ol same ol at work, getting ready for the launch on Thursday. Today we made a list of the bookstores we wanted to contact to carry copies of the book. And we worked out some more details for the launch. I also wrote thank you slips and packaged envelopes with brochures and cds in them. I also watched a bunch of films that were made in studio 468 (the studio the book is about.) They were pretty awesome. Later, I had to make my first official “Common Ground” employee phone call… I was terrified. I did anything and everything to put it off. Siobhan made me roll play with her what to say, because I was so nervous. Not nervous about making the calls… but this language barrier thing is serious. People with deep Irish accents are even hard for Siohban to understand, and the phone makes all that much worse. I made one call. Ha. And it was fine. No big deal.


(Today's paper showed Pearl Jam was in Dublin. Hope this picture makes someone jealous.)

After work, I met up with the gang at the prearranged dinner place for Tuesday Gruel. Megan was already going there with her cousin who is in town visiting, so we decided to follow them there. When we were looking in the travel books last night, Gruel is number one in my must-see restaurants section. I got the risotto cake. It was pretty good. I wouldn’t call it number one… but it was pretty good. The atmosphere was nice. Close, close quarters, but it was a very Richmond looking place. Posters on the wall, handwritten- chalkboard menus, art in the windows, etc. Jenny couldn’t make it to dinner, she had to work late. But she met us at the busstop on the way home. We had a bit o’ drama with her, but Maggie saved the day. And her butt looked really good in her pants. So that’s pretty much all that matters.

That’s it for Tuesday.


(Walking to Temple Bar.)


(Megan and her visiting cousin, Amber.)


(Gruel.)


(Matching.)


(Typical Kim face.)

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

you had a rissotto cake?! YUM. me and dad are makign rissotto for the first time at this very second! haha. mmmm. have you had any other interesting foods? mutton? beer? fish?