Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June 29

But you can't wear a cath-bag with skinny jeans.

Today we started work with another meeting at St Michael's Estate. This meeting was about a proposal for a public art project, years down the road. A big group of some artists and mainly administrative members of art development groups gathered to try to be productive. The meeting was two hours long and was productive, but hilariously jumpy. This is one crazy group of people to try and function together. Frequently a toy dinosaur was brought out and placed with a member of the group? I think they thought it was funny..? Mind you... I can only understand about half of what is said in these meetings. The accents are so thick and strong and extremely fast. It is much, much harder to understand Irish people than I ever expected.

(We had the meeting in the homework club room.)

(Scones, tea, and coffee are a requirement at Irish meetings. The dinosaur was an added bonus.)

After the meeting, we went back to Common Ground and had some lunch. For the rest of the day I worked on posting (mailing) books out to libraries around the town as well as people who didn't show up to the launch, but are still entitled to a free copy. We had to package them all with little notes and mail them out. That's basically how I spent the rest of the day. I left around 4:30 so I could drop off another package on the way home. I met the rest of the girls while I was in town. They had been jersey shopping for the match we're going to this weekend. We walked around a little and grabbed a quick dinner. Then we were pretty beat and headed home.

(Packaging.)

(Boss-lady.)

(Dinner- Amber's last day.)

(No idea, haha.)

(We asked the waiter what the brown sauce was... he was like "uhhh I don't know... are there ingredients on the back?"... There weren't..)

1 comment:

Bob said...

Ahh Yes, the secret Brown Sauce. Nobody knows what in it.