Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June 28

I can feel the waistband on my trousers expanding.

Work today was pretty slow. Just general, around the office tasks to get done. I wore Mai's red sweater to work today. She would have been proud. The real significant part of work was my interview with Darragh Shanahan. He's the photographer running the pinhole photography workshop in the Gallery of Photography. I had the rescheduled interview with him today, to confirm that it was a go, being his assistant for the workshop that week. Think it went pretty well. He's a nice guy, but very laid-back, so kinda hard to read. It should be fun though. The kids make their own cameras and paper negatives and spend the week developing in the darkroom and scanning and learning photoshop. Busy week.

(The map Siobhan gave me to try and get there.)

(Found it!)

(This is Darragh.)

After the interview, I was done for the day and it was only 2:30pm. It was nice, just taking my time walking home. Went and walked across the famous bridge... just cause I could. Went in a few cool bookstores on the way home. Then ran to Tesco to pick up some last minute dinner stuff for tonight. Then I got home and did the dishes and prepared for dinner.


(The Ha'Penny Bridge.)

(Looks rainy today.)

The girls and I have decided to save money by pairing up and doing group dinners. Jenny and I were first. We had a mexican night. We put out chips and salsa at first and made the group chicken fajitas with red peppers, sour cream, corn, and onions. It seemed to be a success.

(Hanging out while we slave over hot stoves.)

(My lame decoration attempt.)

(Fajitaaaasss.)

(Ole!)

(Kim took the camera.)

And this is how we'll end the day:


2 comments:

Bob said...

I love Darragh's glasses. I don't think they would sell in my shop.

Kathryn said...

If you lived in Ireland and this was your full time job...this would probably be your typical day.