Sunday, July 18, 2010

July 14

"I love licking batteries."
- Donal from the workshop

Today we concentrated on portraits for a while. Considering pinhole exposures range from like 15 seconds to a minute, its impossible to get a crisp portrait, so you kinda play up on that theory. Atfer portraits for a while, we took some more portraits. We went to St. Stephen's Green, then broke for lunch, met back at the gallery, and then spent some time at St. Patrick's Cathedral. It's fun doing this, but also nice to get mini tours everyday- always to places I haven't been yet.

(Setting up cameras in those little holes to do class portraits.)


(Examining results in the darkroom.)

(Grafton Street.)

(The archway at the entrance of the green.)

( St. Stephen's Green.)

(Very pretty.)

(Changing film.)

(Aww.)

(Next trip: St Patrick's Cathedral.)

(The boys are hard to talk to sometimes.)

(Best attempt at a group photo off a trash can- or a "refuse bin." Ha.)

(St. Pattys.)

(After class was over, the boys stayed at the park to talk to some girls they met and asked for their facebook... Darragh and I walked back to the Gallery together and he showed me some famous stairs that I can't exactly remember the significance of haha.)

After I got home, I threw down my stuff and went to Tesco. Jenny and I were cooking tonight. She had a recipe for tonight, and was meeting me at Tesco, but had to stay at work later! So I called her for a shopping list. And this is when the headaches began. Let's just sum it up breifly: things are different in Ireland. Basic ingredients you need and basic thing you think they'll have (like serving sizes on packages) just doesn't happen. I spent sooo much time in Tesco, and called Jenny many times. I bought everything and carried it out in a VCU Tote Bag :) Jenny met me outside and helped carry everything and we began to cook, still frustrated. We were worried about altering the recipe on our own, but it actually turned out really well.

(Dinnertime.)

(Whew. It's finished now, we can breathe.)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your dinner looks delicious!! And colorful!!

Bob said...

Nice job on dinner.