Thursday, July 8, 2010

July 8

Another normal day at work, but I feel like my pictures at work have gotten fewer and fewer in number, so I tried to take a few more today.

Hmmm, Thursday. Well Megan and I had our usual morning walk/bus ride together. We parted ways and I worked on the database for most of the day at work. I finally finished compiling and cross referencing everything!! Hallelujah! After finishing the database, it was about time for the book launch Siobhan invited me to go to with her. We went at one, assuming there would be some finger foods, a copy of the book, and a short presentation about the publication. Turned out there was an entire catered event! The food was amazing, and a delightful surprise!

(Getting our morning paper together. From the same man, every single weekday.)

(Same morning ride on the Luas.)

(This is an example of how I have to configure the database. This card represents one entry.. I'm supposed to decipher it and organize this with 600 others.)

(THIS is how old the database is...)

(The great food at the launch)

(The presentation about the precentage of drug usage in the city I work in. Scary stats.)

After work today, it was Kim and Julie's turn to cook. We had delicious fried rice. It's because Kim is Asian :) Heheh

(Kim cooking rice.)

(Sooo much food!)

(Dinner.)

Tomorrow morning we meet at the crack of dawn, seriously, to go on our three day weekend trip!! So excited!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

no quote for the day???

Bob said...

Rice looked good.

Rachel said...

i couldnt remember the quote from that long ago. do u remember what it was, anonymous?

Kathryn said...

so right now i'm forcing you to bring me home: the tour guide and your paper boy!
(: